Monday, November 29, 2010

Mostly Boys

My entire world revolves around boy "things."  Hunting, four-wheeling, muscle cars, and so on.  Early on, I realized that I needed to Tom-boy-up or I was going to get left behind.  So, in light of this revelation, I began trying my hardest to enjoy boyish hobbies.

For our family vacation this year we went four-wheeling in northern Minnesota.  There was no shopping or doing girly things what-so-ever.  I never bothered bringing it up because I would be out voted 3 to 1.  So, each day we packed lunches and snacks and then set off on an adventure deep into national parks.  It was amazing.  We were greeted with multiple deer and birds---but much to our boys disappointment, no bears. 
Aaron waiting patiently on the 4-wheeler

Noah feeding ducks at Long Lake in Northern MN


Abram ready to go ridin'!

Even when my friends and I get together for "play dates" there is an over abundance of testosterone.  There usually are around 10 children playing together and only one of the children is a girl, little Ava.  So, with that much testosterone in a small space (and at least three over-achieving mothers) there is lots of energy, some bickering over toys, and an occasional child that gets bitten (I never thought my youngest child would turn out to be a biter---luckily that issue is resolved!)


Momma Kelly helping Carsen make a turkey out of his hand.

The girls are grossly outnumbered.

Carsen and Jack playing with cars and other boy toys.
Unfortunately, we have no girl toys.

Our cat, Snoopy Socks, had a terrible headache after all of the children left (I kid you not, when all was quiet she jumped up into "her chair" and layed down with her paws over her eyes.)
This is the epitome of boys and girls. 

 

To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right. - Isaiah (Ch. WWWVIII V.1)


2 comments:

  1. LOL! your poor cat!! and poor AVA!! my fav pic is the last one...abram...being abram...and ava sitting on the couch with her book looking on! too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just soooo love that picture of me.....ugh! And your cat is too funny!

    Cute story and LOVE, LOVE the quote at the end!

    ReplyDelete