Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Insanity

I temporarily went insane and decided that since I worked a stretch of shifts at the hospital, I would save our laundry until I had a day off.  Typically, when I work a stretch of shifts, I make an attempt to keep up the laundry.  But, this time I had two little voices inside my head (a tall blonde and a slender brunette---you know who you are) saying something like this--- "I only do laundry one day a week...Just do it on Monday."  It sounded so simple.

The laundry was not touched (besides throwing the dirty clothes in the hampers and spot cleaning some items of clothing of the boys') from Thursday until Monday.  This is not even counted as an entire week.  On Monday, I spent the ENTIRE day doing laundry.  Many, Many loads of laundry.  I am not going to tell you how many loads but it was in the double digits. Mountains of laundry.  Sheets, blankets, towels, greasy work clothes, stained jeans, dress clothes from Thanksgiving, scrubs, scrubs, and more scrubs...never ending.

The first half of laundry.



My husband already thinks that I am insane for insisting on washing all of the bed linens once a week.  I have taken Microbiology, I know what lives in our beds.  Not to mention, two boys who sweat and drool all over their pillows and sheets. 

Monday evening when my husband was driving home from work he called me, "What did you do today?"

"Laundry," I responded.

"What else did you do?"

Sigh..."Just laundry."

So, now that I am back in my right mind, I will continue with my daily laundry routine. 

This quote is for you Monday launderers:

“I believe you should live each day as if it is your last, which is why I don't have any clean laundry, because, come on, who wants to wash clothes on the last day of their life?”- Author Unknown


"Marriage is the most expensive way for the average man to get his laundry done"-  Burt Reynolds

3 comments:

  1. I laughed loud and hard when I read about the voices in your head!!! Your husband is here right now (sorry...I know it's family night...but he is apparently the ONLY person in the world who knows about geothermal furnaces)and he was wondering if there was another butt crack photo. I assured him there wasn't.

    Anyway, I'll be a voice in your head any day my dear! Sorry my laundry methodology didn't work for you! That is why I am NEVER EVER available to do anything of any sort on Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...nice camera angle by the way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. laughed out loud as well...and I am so sorry you have to hear my little voice in your head...that is really terrible!! remember amanda, you have bigger kids, bigger clothes, your hampers fill up faster, we have smaller kids and will someday catch up to you and ask how you get it all done! but sometimes that is all we do ALL day is laundry! can you hire someone just to come do laundry instead of cleanin a house! any hook ups cassie?? :)

    ReplyDelete