Tuesday, December 14, 2010

One of My Favorite Things

I love making Christmas cookies.  Not hoards of cookies.  Just a couple of small batches. 
 A little something to fill our hearts and our tummies...
 ...keep us warm on cold winter days...
                                    ...or just to have a small gathering with a couple of friends...
 ...and six out-of-sorts kids...
...I am thankful that we are able to gather to do simple things such as put frosting on cookies and find true joy in it.  I hope that our children will remember the little things because that is what matters. 

 "Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend."-Albert Camus

3 comments:

  1. This was so fun! your cookies look amazing!! great shots too! that last pic of the kids is classic isn't it? cracks me up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely post! And the pics we took of the kids crack me up! In all of them that I took and in this one here Carsen is totally enthralled with his bottle, Abram is wondering why Carsen is so into the bottle, Jack is fighting the urge to steal that cookie, Ava is silently judging something in Kelly's kitchen, Eli is shoving spinkles in his mouth as fast as he can before we stop him, and Seth is wondering why he has to be here. So funny.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you guys had a blast!

    ReplyDelete