Monday, August 13, 2012

How Our Summer Has Been

This summer we have been busy, doing what--- I don't know.  A little bit of this... A little bit of that.

Canning and food preserving have been in full swing. This task made me late for my own surprise birthday party (sorry girls--- and Aaron's brothers who read this blog.)

For whatever reason, this summer I have not been able to keep up on our garden and food preserving and house work and being a mom like I have in the past.  Work sheets have gone by the way side and laundry is piled sky high.  Maybe it is because I work more nights than I used to.  Or maybe it is because the boys' clothes are bigger.  Or it could be because I am the big 3-0 now.  I don't know... but it is frustrating.    A co-worker (who is a grandma) once told me that when your kids are little they are busy, but when they grow and get older... they are a whole different kind of busy.  And I totally can see that now.  Our lives have felt very busy, but I can't pin point what exactly we have been doing. 






We have spent many hours at the lake and the pool.  I am sad that season is coming to an end.  But I am excited to start cooking fall and winter foods (I can't believe I just said that!) 




Oh, my dear niece Annika, this photo will be blown up and hung up at your graduation party.




Everyone must be buried in the sand at least once a summer.
I am happy to say that Dr. Evil is a papa.  He and his harem have five little ones.  I am not sure what to do with him.  He has gotten very aggressive in his old age.  He can still get the job done... but he has been very unreasonable.  My sister-in-law has a nice black-and-blue mark on her leg to prove it.  He might have to be eaten if he keeps up this behavior.





Miss Goldilocks, you are not suppose to be in the tomato plants.
Aaron continues to do well.  Saying he is 'doing well' does not do him justice.  He is doing extremely well... crazy awesome... insanely a health freak... does that sum it up?  He is by far the most driven person I know.  He has ran several 5 k races, done a couple bike races, and is building up endurance for a wilderness run.  Crazy doesn't cut it.  He is insane.  And in the best shape of his life. 


I, of course, was rooting for Aaron.  But, secretly I was cheering for the little guy behind Aaron.  He as all of eight years old---maybe nine at the most--- and ran the entire 5 k.  He was impressive.
So, that is how our summer has been.  Keeping busy... doing what???  I still am not sure.  It's not like I just had a baby---- or am going to have a baby, building a house, and moving:)

Next up, fifth grade for big brother and first grade for little brother.  Only three weeks away.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome Picks...My sister's name is Sarah...just like you, with the h. She discovered the h when she was in High School..so funny;

    On the Giveaway:

    As you may know, Katie won the spot on my E-Course but I wanted to let you know two things:

    First:
    I am so happy for your entry in KRR Hip Hip Hurray Giveaway...Thanks. I am away from home in Vermont for Collage Journeys with Jane Davies...I am so so excited!! The best part is that I have plenty of time to connect, yes the time I don't have back home. I wanted to thank each one of the participants.... I wanted to let you know I am having a special discount for all of you who enter KRR giveaway, the information is here: https://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/eventReg?oeidk=a07e663ah3721224e3d&oseq=

    Second: I am offering three scholarships for the E-Course and you can apply signing for the newsletter and sending your submission to elizabethglzdesigns@gmail.com

    I hope you can join me in the e-course...it will be very juicy as a few more ceramic artists will be sharing their work and some tips...Have a great day!!

    All the best,

    Elizabeth

    http://elizabethglz.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate how life always feel busy, too. Maybe we do too much? But what would we cut out? Looks like you got in lots of suumer fun and memories! I always wonder if there's a way to make life slow down while still making memories.

    Your chicks are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been a joy watching your photography improve! Congrats to Dr. Evil on the little chicklets, hope his fate is better than my poor old Red Rooster.

    ReplyDelete