Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Short Trip

What is it about life that drives a person to have the need to get a way for a couple of days?  When Aaron's mom asked me if I wanted to venture with her to Aaron's brothers house...three hours away...I jumped at the chance.  Leaving Noah with my mom (he did not want to go) and Aaron at home to fend for himself---if you can call it that when he had man dates scheduled and people popping in to check on him---Abram, grandma, and myself piled in a car and were off like a prom dress.

Three days and two nights in the city with Ryan, Heather, and their three girls was...honestly and truly...a ton of fun.  Abram played very well with the girls---much better than anticipated.


Abram and Lily had a blast playing with chalk and just goofing around together.


      


We went for walks and took the time to smell the flowers.



Then...off to a place called Farmamerica.  This was an old farm site outside of the city, where children visit to learn about farming.  There are baby animals to pet and different projects to do.




I love baby girl hair!



The kids weren't too sure about the shady lookin' clown...but agreed to have their pic taken anyway.
At this farm, there were stilts to walk on which the kids loved.


Even the little monkey had to give it a whirl...

...she got on the stilts all by herself!

At the end, there were flowers to pot.  It was a simple time to spend on a cloudy, rainy day and the kids loved it!


Thanks Ryan and Heather for letting us invite ourselves to your home again!


2 comments:

  1. What awesome memories!! I am so proud of you that you left town! Watch out...it is addicting! Looks like Abram enjoyed some time with cousin and being a boy! That clown scares the crap out of me and I would have been running the other direction! That bigger picture with the flower in the middle is one of my favorite pictures you have ever taken! Soo sooo soo awesome! You should print and hang it! What a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you got to get away! Looks like you had lots of fun! Those girls are just too pretty. And nice pictures, by the way.....I love the flower one, too, and the chalk one with Abram and the little blondie in the background.

    And man dates....yes....I thought it was rather hilarious that it ended up just being Aaron and Adam on Friday night.....eating all that "healthy
    food.....

    ReplyDelete