Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Another Family Night

I should be doing a million and one tasks right now...I have a never ending list stuck in my head.  But instead, I am curled up in my comfy chair clicking like a mad woman on the computer.  The only thing that would make this moment closer to perfection is if I had a hot cup of creamy coffee (and if my dishwasher was not beeping at me that it is done...sigh.)

Meanwhile the children are snuggled in bed---still sleeping together in a twin bed, again their choice, the husband is doing forty minutes on the elliptical (keeping his heart rate between 140-160 beats per minute----he is a mad man,) and the sound of a tractor planting this years crop sings loudly behind our home. 

The last few days have been beautiful!  We are so blessed. 

Because it is farm season again, I have reinstated the Wednesday night Family Night.  Tonight we had a picnic and then ventured on to a small park.  We were the only people there.  It was perfect weather.  Seventy degrees with a slight breeze...just enough to keep us from being eaten alive by all of the gnats.

The boys had so much fun...and so did mom and dad.  All of the boys had to dig in the dirt...



And then all of the boys had to swing...


Abram was squealing with delight when his dad was pushing him on the swing (you can't really tell if he is laughing or crying in the photo below---but trust me, it is laughter.)

Noah has always been quite the monkey...
Climbing to the highest point...

Then, when we were all packed up, Aaron and I heard, "Mom mom!  Can we take your picture with your camera?" 

Well, it is Family Night---how could I say no?

Happy spring!

1 comment:

  1. I should be doing a million other things, too.....

    I'm oddly a little teary over this post. Seeing Aaron playing at the park (where is that park by the way??), on the excavator and swing, and Adam told me recently he's back to doing service calls.....it's just such a miracle! Look how far you guys have come since January 9th! I just never dreamed this would be possible for you guys so soon. I'm so happy for you all!

    You two look great in that last photo! And Noah's hair is getting so long (in a good way!)

    ReplyDelete