Saturday, December 31, 2011

Just a Few Things I Love

There is a lot about 2011 that I love.  Of course on the top of that list is family, close friends, and God.  Only He can turn a 'mess into a message, a test into a testimony, and a trial into a triumph.'  And that is how the first 6 months of 2011 went for us--- and are still going..... life isn't meant to be easy.

And I am developing a love/ hate relationship with a new book I am reading:  My So Called Life as a Proverbs 31 Wife.  But, that is a completely different post.
So, on with the last post of the year...

A few things that I loved about 2011~~~


1.  The Tooth Fairy returning to our home.  Now, it is little brother's turn.
This is what "Open your mouth a little so I can take a picture of your first lost tooth" looks like.


2.  A bathroom project two years in the making has finally begun.  Phase #1 to the eventual addition onto our home.
Good bye old green splotchy walls...  Hello beautiful tile!

3.  Hand made quilts on our beds.

4.  Big brother working to qualify for state with piano.
2012 will bring in a lot of new firsts for Noah--- he will be able to go hunting with mom and dad in the fall!

5.  Learning that boys will be boys and sometimes you just have to let them beat the crap out of each other--- and then intervene.

6.  The daily "I love yous" from my boys and my hubby.  They make my day a little brighter. 

7.  Shelves lined with our fall's bounty.  And the appreciation from our children for the homemade meals that grace our table every day.

8.  Actually learning how to use my camera~~~ and shooting only in manual. 

9.  Small classroom size.  Teachers who love to teach. 

10.  Good healthy, happy boys.  What more can a momma ask for?  (And actually I even have been sticking to an exercise program.  What doesn't kill us makes us stronger!)

I am not a big New Year's resolution fan, but, I do have a few simple goals for 2012.  I am going to try to be more patient... not sweat the small things... try to be a better mother and wife... try to maybe be a little more active in church... ummm... well I could go on and on.

It was a great 2011--- and I am looking forward to what 2012 brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment