Monday, March 7, 2011

Transition

Watching TV is something that I rarely do but I love the food station.  All of the chefs make cooking and baking look so easy.  By the time Aaron recovers, he and I will both be gourmet chefs. 

A commercial came on a couple of days ago and it actually made me think---without being cynical or sarcastic.  It said, "When do siblings quit being siblings and start becoming friends"---or something like that.  (Of course the answer was when the parents drop 20 grand on a Disney World vacation.)

So, I pondered to myself...when did Noah and Abram quite being siblings and start being friends?  It happened somewhere in between boys being boys---with out an expensive Disney vacation, even though it looks like fun.  But, I cannot remember a defining moment. 

Was it the first time Noah held Abram (he was scared of his feeding tube) and Abram screamed bloody murder...

I do not remember it looking this painful!

Or was it a big brother teaching a little brother how to destroy the house in under a minute...
Maybe it was the moment I realized that Abram could not get the toilet paper himself (he obviously had help)...
Or maybe it was when Noah realized he loves Abram unconditionally, no matter their differences...
I am not sure when they became best friends.  But today, when it was a whopping 15 degrees above zero and the boys geared up and went outside to play in the snow, I saw their friendship.  Mutual respect for one-another shined through (not that it always does.) 

Some where in between a snowball fight...



Making snow angels...


And just climbing the snowbanks...



They once again showed that they are more than just siblings.  They are brothers, in every sense of the word.

"I don't believe an accident of birth makes people sisters or brothers.
It makes them siblings, gives them mutuality of parentage.
Sisterhood and brotherhood is a condition people have to work at."
-Maya Angelou

2 comments:

  1. There are no words to describe how cute your kids are!!! They are so grown up now! I love the pics of them playing together when they are little! The outside pics are amazing and I am glad you are getting to use your camera again! I love the bright colors and fun involved!! They are so lucky to have eachother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww! I love this! Your boys are soooooo cute! I love how mischeiveous they look in all these photos! And I love the recent one of Noah in action throwing a snowball. Great colors, and I really like the poof of snow flying through the air. (Winter fun is getting a little old though...) Oh and also like the new blog look!

    ReplyDelete