Friday, March 4, 2011

Come on Spring!

{Ok...so I really do not like the direction that my blog has been going.  It is all gloom and doom and...well whatever.  And this is totally unlike us, meaning my family.  Originally I had started this blog because I was completely unable to keep a journal and I felt like I was forgetting the important little things.  Little sayings from the boys and important little things between Aaron and I.  But I know that many of you readers read this blog to see how Aaron is doing.  So, I will continue to write little tidbits about Aaron's recovery (because that is a huge part of our lives right now) but I am going to try to change direction and write about the happier times...whatever they may be...and aim for the reason why I originally started this blog.  And with that, here is an attempt...}

It is the beginning of March and still is freezing.  Everyone, including my two little snow lovers, is sick and tired of winter---sub-zero temperatures and that fluffy white stuff.  They have not been able to really enjoy the snow because it has been terribly cold since last November.  That is life in Minnesota, I suppose.  And the weather man forecasted more snow for March, "Could be the snowiest month of the season" (I think I just puked in my mouth a little---and yes, puked is a medical term.)

One of the countless snow drifts in our yard.


With winter comes all of the fun winter stuff---winter colds, flus, being stuck inside day after day after day with two rambuncious boys.  And, on top of everything else, a weird virus (which has been circling our small town) has been passing through family member after family member, picking us off one by one.  Now, it has infected Noah. 

So, what does an 8 year old boy want when he is at home from school sick with a 101 fever?  Does he want ice cream and expensive name brand drinks like Powerade?  No.  This little boy wants, "purple grapes, bananas, and carrots."  He loves to eat healthy even when he is sick.  Bizarre, I know.  But, Noah is true to himself.  He would prefer to eat fruits and vegetables over candy and soda any day.  And I am very proud of him for his food choices.  Abram on the other hand...well he is a junk food addict.  He would rather eat so much soda and candy (often sneaking it behind my back, sitting behind a chair in the living room and quietly engorging himself) until he pukes than eat the meal that is served to him.  That is the difference in children...I suppose.

Our swing set is buried in ice and snow.


We continue to look foreword to spring.  Aaron hopefully will be able to walk around outside by himself without the use of cleats on his shoes and relying on his cane.  Personally, I cannot wait to be up to my elbows and knees in dirt and mud.  Planting seeds, seedlings, flowers, fertilizing, and weeding (I love weeding) is something that I look foreword to all year long.  Gradually my seed/gardening catalogs have been showing up in the mail and it brightens up our long winter.  Come on spring...we are ready for you!

"A lot of people like snow.  I find it be the unnecessary freezing of water-"  Author Unknown

2 comments:

  1. I am laughing at the quote you posted! I am so sick of winter!! I hadn't heard that March was gonna be snowy......it makes me sick to my stomach, too......
    So sorry Noah is sick. Sounds like he's got the same thing Jack and I have. And his comfort food selection is too funny! What a cute boy!
    Those are some crazy crooked icicles on your swing set and good job getting some bokeh!
    And I love your blog with or without gloom and doom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Question...How did you get that icicle shot? Did you feel like climbing the swing set? It is a great pic! Your family needs to be done with the virus crap! I agree with Cassie, I like all your posts! Mine arn't necessarily uplifing either! The three of us get to read about many things that we don't get the chance to visit about when working! :)
    Yes, March is gonna suck...but it will end and then it is APRIL! YAH!

    ReplyDelete