Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Just the Two of Us

With the sounds of combines and tractors all around us... I know that fall is definitely underway. 

We only have carrots left in our main garden and popcorn left to pick.  It feels like I just sowed the seeds yesterday.  The image of my husband and the boys carefully sowing seeds is still fresh in my mind.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sundays are always busy.  Getting everyone ready for church, Sunday school, and then whatever else the hubby has planned. 

Last Sunday,  Aaron wanted to head to Inspiration Peak.  I could tell how important this was for him.  His grandpa used to take him and his siblings there when they were younger (and I have never ventured there.)  So, we planned a short trip with the boys.

There was only one problem... the boys wanted to do their own thing... go their own way. 

I found myself torn.  Do we force this on them??? Or do we allow them to go to a cousins home and a grandmas home. 

We ultimately--- and reluctantly--- let them do what they wanted.  Noah went to a cousins and Abram went to grandmas.

Aaron and I returned home after church, alone.  "We could work on landscaping," I said.

"It can wait.  Let's go... just the two of us," Aaron responded.  When is the last time I went anywhere with him---- alone?

So we made the road trip, just him and I.  And I am so glad we did.  It allowed us to reconnect... after weeks of just seeing each other in passing.  We needed this.

We hiked together and played like teenagers.

I see you:)
He waited patiently while I messed around with my camera.  Climbing in brush where no climbing was allowed to get some fall photos.

After a few hours, we were to back to real life.  But, I am so glad we took a break.

1 comment:

  1. How fun! A hike just the two of you. Good for you to leave all the projects behind and enjoy this beautiful fall!

    ReplyDelete