Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The First Day of School

I bounded into the boys room, feeling like Nemo saying, "It's the first day of school- the first day of school!"

The only response was a few weak groans from the bottom of the bunk bed (yes- they still sleep together, in a twin bed... their choice.)

So then I lapsed into Donkey's song from one of the Shrek's, "Good morning, good morning, hey there sun is shining through... good morning, good morning to you and you and you."

That at least got the response, "Stop mom--- your annoying."  There is only one brother who would mutter those words.

Finally, they peeled themselves out of bed and drug themselves downstairs. 

A first day of school is never complete without a few minor fights, the smoke alarms going off- over burnt toast, and cat puke on the steps. 

 
 
 
 
But after walking them to their classrooms and helping them put their stuff in their desks, I realized that I actually have a good feeling about this school year. Usually I do not look forward to parent meetings and IEP's and meetings about meetings.  For the first time ever, I can actually say 'bring it on!'

After Abram came home from school, we snuggled up on the couch and muttled through a little homework.  He whispered, "I wish I was still in school... I love my teacher."  There was no struggling to get his back brace on, he just did it.  Noah is sharing a locker with his best friend.  What more could we ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment