Monday, October 24, 2011

Oh the Craziness

As if life has not been busy enough... why must us wives always add more to the craziness?

Like taking group family photo with too-busy-to-pay-attention-children?  And I know that the natural impromptu photos are the best... but come on... just one where everyone is looking at the camera and smiling... is that too much to ask?

One out of 6,524,671 photos attempted by the blonde and brunette.

Taking up crazy hobbies with my good friends including blogging, gardening, photography, and what else can we add to the mix?



Or throwing in Tupperware parties into the blend of Thirty-One parties, Pampered Chef parties, Stella and Dot parties and so on.  Why must we torture ourselves trying to be over-achievers?

And sometimes when my kids are insanely bouncing off of the walls and I sit silently in the middle of a tornado... I ponder if they are the crazy ones or am I?

But what would life be like without all of the insanity?  How quiet would our lives be?  If their feet went pitter-patter instead of sounding like a herd of elephants--- would life not be the same? 

I dread the day when my boys grow up and do not drive cars around the house...making all kinds of truck-tractor-car noises.  In my minds eye, I can vision them being in their forties and me begging them, "Drive the little cars on the walls just one more time." 

So, for right now, I am learning how to bask in the craziness.  I am enjoying the insanity of raising boys in its entirity.  I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.

 

3 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH!!! I love the pic of the boys together!! Best pic of them EVER! also, This post was super funny because we are insane party throwers, photographers, gardeners, bloggers...etc...we are crazy but at least all three of us are! Life is fun!! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life IS crazy! But you are so right! we all know we wouldn't want it any other way.

    I love this line: "In my minds eye, I can vision them being in their forties and me begging them, "Drive the little cars on the walls just one more time." " What a great thought. It really makes me think and helps me put all this messy toddler/preschoolness into perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When your kids are in their 40s, Mandy, hopefully you'll still have cars driven on the walls. It's called grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete