Thursday, August 4, 2011

Wheat

Today I was determined to make an attempt...

A seemingly futile attempt to take photos of the boys in the wheat.

Last year the blonde and I ventured out to take photos of our kids and she caught some amazing pics of the kids (and she knows how uncooperative they can be at times.)
 
There is something beautiful about wheat right before it is harvested.  The golden color...the texture of the fields in the breeze... I never really notice the wheat fields until it magically turns from green to gold. 

The boys and I had a jam packed day planned (just like any other summer day) including kindergarten in the morning, plans for these photos in the wheat field, swimming, piano, a birthday supper, and hopefully an early bedtime to prepare for the next day.

So, this is how the photo opportunity went...

It started out with sheer boredom...

"Smile Noah," I attempted.

"I am smiling," he replied.

Then the horsing around began...

And continued on and on...

Until 2.2 minutes after we arrived they were begging to leave... and then little brother decided that he was leaving (with or without us.)  He said he was walking home.  And he was serious!



Until I begged, pleaded and bribed them to stay for a couple more shots...and they would but only if they could take the photos.  And, so they did.

Please smile and pretend you are having fun Abram!


Time to give mom back her camera, Mr. Abram.
 Needless to say, we will not be hanging any photos of the boys in the wheat above our couch this year.  Oh, well.  Maybe next year!

3 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to have a photo shoot with my kids, too, but I always dread them just a tad. Good for you for trying.

    Maybe you can have pics of your boys doing something different in your living room this year?

    And I can't believe the wheat is rippening already, but last year we did this in mid-July! Just crazy.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no one harder to photograph than your own kids. I almost never do posed shots of mine, it's just way too painful.

    LOVE the bright blue summer sky you captured in these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post made me laugh and giggle...that abram sure knows what he wants! I love the first pic of abram one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete