Monday, August 1, 2011

The Other Female

{The real reason for this post is that I am trying to learn some of the advanced settings of my camera and the only cooperative subject that I have living in my house is the cat...if you can call her cooperative.  My camera is now taken off of auto as the blonde and brunette bloggers and I are taking a photography course.  So, bear with me as I try out the manual settings.}

I have had a slight problem with the other female in the house... she has been very naughty.
Us girls have got to stick together, but her terrible habits need to stop.  What terrible habits could a cat have?  Well, hers is the worst---even though the boys find it amusing.
The crazy cat is always grooming the boys!  Abram nestled himself between Mr. Giraffe and the kitty.  But, her grooming is not her terrible habit.

I know that cats have a sense of pride... well maybe it is more of a prissiness.  Anything they catch, dead or alive, they have to show their "master"--if cats have a master.  Well, our indoor cat's master seems to be Noah.  She has a very naughty habit of bringing little critters into the house.  We have found dead mice in the living room...hopping frogs in the kitchen (she never seems to put forth the effort to actually kill the frogs)...alive mice in the entryway...and decaying mice neatly tucked away under her masters bed.  Trust me, the only critters that we get in our 90 year old house are the ones she brings in. 
She hides between the plants in our bay window like she is in a jungle.

Then, the last straw came---

Noah had his best bud, Emmanuel (who is an amazing child,) stay overnight.  It was one of those sleepless nights that was riddled with storms.  So, needless to say, no one got any sleep. 

At around 0600 in the morning, Emmanuel burst into our bedroom, "Your cat dropped a rat on me!"

Still slightly sleepy I replied, "You have got to kidding."

"No, she dropped a rat on my legs!" he exclaimed.  His eyes were as huge as dinner plates.

I hopped out of bed, ran into a wall, and burst into Noah's bedroom.  Yep.  Sure enough, there was a dead field mouse on the bed.  How embarrassing!

Well, our indoor-outdoor kitty has now turned into an indoor kitty.  Her cat doors are permanently sealed up and her little habit of bringing critters into our house has stopped.  Now, she just chases, and occasionally catches flies.

"You can't help that.  We're all mad here."~ The Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland.

4 comments:

  1. I am a sucker for a cat post! What a beauty queen though!


    I also like how you tell what time it is in military time.... we aren't all nurses reading this blog you know... haha!

    Can't wait to hear what you guys learn from your class~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her eyes are beautiful in that first photo. Glad to hear you guys are taking a class together. It is so freeing and empowering to learn to get away from automatic. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS. Keep posting your homework. I wanna see! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Mandy. I can't wait to see what you photograph next. As I write this comment, my "little" Schweeber kitty is on top of the chair I sitting in and my "little" Tom Cat is sitting behind me in the same chair. I am in their territory and they are letting me know it!

    ReplyDelete