Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Another Day

This morning I woke up to this.... a familiar companion that crawls into bed with me as soon as Aaron leaves.


I detached myself from the bed and headed downstairs to have my daily cup of coffee (or four) when I glanced out the window and saw this...

Another hole to fill in.

Yep.  That's our dog digging to China---again.  The black specks on the photo, well, that is dirt flying.  This is a hole she insists on digging every. single. day.


The plan for the day:  apples.  My sister-in-law's beautiful summer apples were ripe for the picking.



Picking the apples out of trees and then processing them into either apple sauce, or whatever treats we want at the time, is an all day event.  We start bright and early in the morning and work until midnight---or later.  This year, I sent Noah to do the pickin' as I have been bogged down by a summer cold.  So, I cannot take the credit for that.  But, the eleven hours of processing and preserving work after the apple pickin' was a joint effort on all of our parts.  Mmmm...our home smelled like fall.

During our apple day, two moms (my sister-in-law's name is Amanda too) managed four little boys and three extra large tubs of apples. 
We had lots of "little helpers" (too much help at times.)  I found half eaten apples everywhere in our house!

During, that time we had one boy go to swimming lessons, one boy go to a summer reading program, and one boy go to ER for staples in his head (that would be Abram... it's a long story that involves him being told not to horse around on the couch...not listening...and then consequently getting his scalp put back together.)  Otherwise, it probably would not have taken so long.

Anyway, at least Amanda and I have wonderful BEAUTIFUL applesauce until next season.  Really, it just feels like another day.

1 comment:

  1. My applesauce adventure was very eventful last year, too.....no ER trips, though.

    I'm so happy you got this accomplished! And what a great way to bond with a sister in law.

    Boomer digging her daily hole made me laugh out loud. I wonder what she's after!?!? Happy you got a picture of it. It's funny to me, but I don't have to fill in all the holes. Belle's not a digger, thank goodness!

    And good for you for digging the camera out for all of life.

    ReplyDelete