Friday, June 3, 2011

Preschool Graduate

Last week my boy graduated preschool!  Yah! 

You have to understand that this was a huge endeavor for him.  He literally cried for the first three...maybe four...months of school.  And then, one magical day, I recieved a phone call from his teacher.  "Abram is having a good day."  She will never know what those words meant to me. 

So Abram went from a potential preschool drop-out to a graduate.  Equipped with a cap and everything!





Now, our summer begins.  I will have to say that I am more excited than ever to spend the summer with my boys.  Our winter/spring has been rough and things are looking up.  Thankfully kids are very resilient.  But I am also very nervous for this summer because the boys have an endless amount of energy.  Like, I wish I could harness their energy and use it to fuel the entire planet Earth.  There you have it----no more energy crisis. 

Or, selfishly, I wish that I could abduct a portion of their energy for my own personal use.  Imagine what I could accomplish in a day!

But, unfortunately I am unable to solve one of the largest world problems (energy crisis) and I haven't invented a machine to transfer energy....yet.  So, I am working on ways to reign in their energy and channel it into anything that is useful. 

On top of our own little energy crisis (to much energy and not enough outlets) Noah---who is also a third grade graduate but is way to old to have a graduation pic taken of him--- declared that he only wants to participate in swimming and piano this summer.  Last summer I think he was in too many things and got a little burnt out.  He  is currently more interested in other hobbies like rollar blading and bike riding and he has been helping out his dad a lot.  So, I was agreeable in him only being enrolled in two formal things this summer.  Plus, we love to go to the beach and to parks and to the pool.  If the weather ever cooperates, we will still have a busy summer.

1 comment:

  1. Yay Abram! SO cute!

    And I love your version of an "energy crisis." Too funny and so true!

    And Noah's 2 formal activities are perfectly fine! Childhood is too short, family time is so rare....kids don't know how to just have fun, use their imaginations, and be with their families any more. I think that Noah's summer schedule looks great!

    ReplyDelete