Monday, June 20, 2011

Aaron

I know that I am a little late to post a blog dedicated to Aaron for Fathers Day but this weekend was busy and I did not get a chance.  So, here it is...

Noah, Abram, and I badgered Aaron to tell us what he wanted to do on Father's Day.  "It is your day and we can do whatever you want to do!"  He was kinda quiet about it at first but finally spoke up and this his how he chose to have us spend his day... 

First we he mowed the lawn...then tilled/weeded the garden...then fertilized/mulched the garden...picked up his brush mower to mow the brush by the creek in our back yard...then bike rides...then work work work work.  Yep.  That is his dream day.  Working.  Sounds like loads of fun---I know.

But, it honestly and truly was an amazing day.  Aaron, Noah, Abram, and I worked side-by-side all day.  And we could not have gotten as many tasks completed without the help of our boys.  There was minimal fighting and complaining and parents noticing a big change in the boys from last year. 

It is crazy to me that the guy who I met in our little local grocery store parking lot is now my wonderful husband and one of the best dads that I know.  Our wedding vows have held true, keeping us strong in good times and bad...sickness and health.  The most trying time for him has been the past six months.  Since his accident---being broken and then repaired. 

He has made miraculous leaps and bounds in the past six months.  Defying the odds.  Proving doctors wrong.  Getting back on his feet.  Having to relearn life and adapting to a new normal.  Our old normal is now a distant memory.
   
 

Aaron is not only my husband but also my best friend.  He is my partner and I will always be by his side.  He was my rock and now I am his.  I honestly feel that God brought us together.  To be life partners. 

Photo taken by Cassie.
Happy Father's Day!  We love you!

(Happy Father's Day to some of my other favorite dads---Grandpa Dan, Ryan, Caleb, and to my own dad who I hope is watching from above.)

2 comments:

  1. You're hardly late at all with your Father's Day tribute to Aaron. I was thinking of doing the same for Adam only this morning.

    And I'm so glad the 4 of you enjoyed your Father's Day together. It sounds like a great day to me! Working together as a family really is one of the most satisfying things to do. It seems to form bonds that go deeper than when we just "play" together. And how gratifying it must have been to get all that done! I'm a bit jealous!

    Aaron is a great guy! And you're a great wife, mother and friend. And your kids are just too funny and precious. You make a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! A post that shows strength and hope, through darkness. GlAd aarons fathers day was exactly how he would want it....busy!

    So awesome you have two boys to help you guys! Nothing better than a family who works hard together!

    ReplyDelete