Monday, October 29, 2012

He Just Gets Me

A co-worker of mine was talking about how her son 'just gets [her].'  With a sparkle in her eye, she shared with me a homemade birthday card with a picture of a momma walrus and a baby walrus on it.  In her eyes, it was the absolute-most-perfect birthday card ever.

This little conversation got my thinker thinkin'...  I have a boy like that too.  One that just gets me. 

Don't get me wrong.  I hold no favoritism for my children.  This child can--- and he will--- press Every. Button. In. The. Book.  And then press them again

But, if I am having a bad day... he knows exactly what to say.  If I want to curl up in a corner, basking in peace-and-quiet... he will let me. If I just need some time... he gives it... no questions asked.  If I am cranky, he usually doesn't push 'it'--- whatever 'it' may be.  When it is that time of the month--- even though he doesn't know exactly what that time is--- he knows to be a little more patient.

Most of the time, he and I are on the same wave length.  Thinking the same things.  He knows how my mind works... and I can predict him. 

We can talk about anything.  He shares things with me that I wonder if other ten-year-olds share with their moms.  Immediately, after coming home from school, he will tell me how it was.  Any drama going on... when his mouth gets him into trouble... classmates freaking out... and of course--- his love--- Candice.

I know sometimes I blog more about Abram.  Little brother is more animated... gets into more trouble... has unique needs that not every child has... and still thinks that I am the coolest mom/person ever.  Big brother, on the other hand, knows better.  He knows that I am human... I am a sinner... and I am not perfect.

I know Aaron and I were young when we had Noah.  Ever since the day he was born, we have tried to do the best for him.  And when little brother was added, we tried to do the best for them.  We are so lucky to have them!

  • "I live for my sons. I would be lost without them." ~ Princess Diana
  • 2 comments:

    1. Cute! There is something about a Mama and her boys! Boys are simply the best gift to any Mama!

      ReplyDelete
    2. So sweet! Noah is quite a boy! He's mature, extraordinarily polite, and I love how he always joins in on the conversations of the adults around him.

      ReplyDelete