Saturday, March 3, 2012

A Snow Day

This post is from one of the only snow days we have had this year (which is completely unusual here in the sticks)...


This week I had planned on having today by myself.  I had counted on it.  The boys would be at school and I would get some much needed cleaning, scrap booking, and organizing done. 

But Mother Nature intervened with a blizzard... school was cancelled... and I was accompanied at home by the boys.

Don't get me wrong, I love having them home.  But, I had my life (for this week) plotted out meticulously... step by step... the goals and tasks that needed to be completed day by day... planning that I would have a day alone.  The tasks that I wanted to accomplish---I have a hard time doing when my boys need constant attention. 

So, instead of doing paper work and washing floors and preparing for a much put off tax appointment...

We built snowmen (actually snow boys)....


The 'Mother of All Snowball Fights' was had (and subsequent injuries were treated)...

Cut out cookies were made and frosted...

Heart to hearts were given....

Snow forts were formed and then destroyed and then reformed...

Cold hands were kissed...

Pictures were sketched and painted...

Dad came home early and helped with snow forts...  which, by the way, were much cooler than moms snow fort effort...

The chicken coop was worked on...


I did not get a stitch of cleaning or organizing done.  Instead, we had spent the day doing things the boys wanted to do.  And it was much more special than any amount cleaning/ organizing that I could have completed.

Happy Snow Day my boys!

2 comments:

  1. What a great post, Mandy, and what a great day with your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! I love this! I admire how you gave up your plans to have a special snow day with your boys. Good job, Momma.

    And I can't help but admire the sharp focus on Abram in the first photo! Cute snowman, too!

    ReplyDelete