Wednesday, September 28, 2011

These Hands

These hands...
Yes, my mom puts pearls and lipstick on to sew.


The hands that raised me...


That scolded me....


That taught me everything that I know when I thought that I knew everything.

Carefully making quilts for each of her family members on the realization that life on this earth is too short and will come to an end.  A keepsake for all of us to remember her by.

These hands gave me confidence to embark on adventures when no one else believed in me.  They showed me that if you worked hard enough, you can achieve anything.  Even with the reality of 'life is hard.'

These hands that used to hold on tight to me, are holding on even tighter to my children.

And even though these hands drive me totally nuts most some days, they are always there for me...just a phone call away.

Thanks for all that you do mom!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! What a great tibute to your mom. Heartfelt and honest. My mom drives me nuts, too, but I don't know what I'd do without her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos! Your mom is adorable! She was the bartender at my wedding!! They are hard working hands!

    ReplyDelete