Thursday, September 8, 2011

End of Summer

Well, I guess I haven't blogged in a while.  The last several weeks have been busy with funerals, surprise birthday parties, scheduled birthday parties, pressure cooking and hot water canning, and tying up the loose ends of summer.  Not to mention, school starting...

Trying to get a decent "first day of school" photo was nearly impossible.



Although Abram looks happy in the photos, he was a bear to get onto the bus.  Being cooperative has not been in is vocabulary in the last couple of weeks.  Noah, on the other hand, could not wait to get onto the bus and hang out with his buddies.

I am sad to see summer ending but autumn is one of my favorite times of the year.
The grape jelly is calling me from the canner on the stove.  I better get to it!

3 comments:

  1. What great first day of school photos! The first one is my favorite! But I like them all. Noah is so grown up and Abram is such a card.

    I would also love to try your homemade grape jelly sometime.

    This is a great time of year. We're soaking it up and not thinking about what time of year is next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! Abram could possibly have one of the funniest personalities! his pics makes me laugh! He looks so old with a backpack strapped to him and getting on the bus! One step closer to independence! Noah is such a cool big brother! Love these pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your back to school pics because they are SO REAL LIFE!!! That's what you'll want to remember anyway!

    ReplyDelete