Thursday, February 2, 2012

Secret

Here is a well known secret... big brother does not like/enjoy/allow his photo taken unless there is heavy bribery involved.

As we sit in the piano practice rooms at a university, I am dying to take his photo.  Like the heart wrenching, nauseating... 'if I do not take this photo right now I may die instantly' kind of need. 

Maybe it was because we were waiting for Noah to take part in his first real piano competition.  And I needed something to remind myself him of all of the hard work I he has put into this competition.  All of the months of preparation.  Drilling his songs over and over...

Maybe it was because the first time he played his competition song, I cried.  Silently sobbed while he caressed the notes out of our out-of-tune-hand-me-down piano.  The song was beautiful.

And now as we go through a final run through of his songs, I need to quickly figure out a way to get his photo without him knowing.  Not a chance with the DSLR.  But maybe if I pretend to mess around with the iphone...

Yep.  I was sneaky and I got it!

Congrats Noah!  You did an awesome job.  We are so proud of you!

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh..does he really look that old? How cute is he!! This picture brings back a million memories of my childhood! I am so proud of you for getting this picture! I am so proud of Noah for working so hard! What a well rounded kid he is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I commented on this one.....? Wierd....

    Glad you could sneak a photo of him! I would love to hear him play sometime. It's just absolutely adorable that he plays piano.

    ReplyDelete