Monday, July 18, 2011

My Rabbit

We have a rabbit of different sorts roaming around our house.  I noticed pea pod shells littered throughout our yard.  I could tell this rabbit suffered some disappointment after pulling out some of my carrots, seeing how little the orange root is, and then throwing them back into the garden.  He apparently does not eat the greens. 

Then, my eyes caught sight of tiny green apples---maybe picked from one of our apple trees--- leaving a trail on our front porch... like Hansel and Gretel trying to find their way home.  Some of these little green apples had nibbles marks on them.  Hmmmm....  I must have a rabbit.


Not just any old Peter Cotton Tail kind of a rabbit.  Not the kind of rabbit that a fellow blogger has been having some troubles with. A rabbit who has noticeable chocolate brown eyes, brown hair, and weighs around 35 pounds.  He bounds through the yard picking at the plants, nibbling on the vegetables and the strawberries as he goes.  Sometimes if I quietly watch him from afar... so he does not notice...he sings little made-up songs to himself about the fruits and vegetables that he sees.




It turns out that my little rabbit is really Abram.  And I am going to have a heck of a time keeping him out of the garden.

5 comments:

  1. Holy Garden! It's HUGE! Your rabbit is much more adorable than mine!

    Is that a German Shorthair Pointer I see???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden is beautiful! Everything is finally starting to fill in.....isn't it nice?

    Abram is just too cute! I can almost here his little voice making up songs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh! Your garden is AMAZING! Totally amazing. Mine is a complete flop this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job on the story, Mandy. I can just see little Abram munching away and with a big smile on his face!

    ReplyDelete